Jouher

How to calculate Moments and maximum force from a section taken in hypermesh. I have thickness and material data with me.

Hi,

You can use Free body diagram module to calculate shear force and bending moment. Please refer to OptiStruct help for more details on the same. 

Please, understand my requirement.

I have nodes, material and thickness. Now, from hypermesh can i calculate section force and thickness at preprocessing stage??

Hi @Jouher

Not sure what you mean by at PREPROCESSING stage means, but FBD is also used to extract cross-sectional resultant forces and moments (typically at the centroid of a cross-section) for use in traditional strength calculations.

Hello @Jouher,

Greetings!!

When you say preprocessing stage, do you mean applying a  pre-load to a component/part? 

If that's the case, you might want to look into the topic of explicit dynamic relaxation.

http://ftp.lstc.com/anonymous/outgoing/jday/bolt_preload3.pdf

If you are using LS-Dyna, you can have created a output file, wherein you can extract the data before the actual simulation begins (i.e during pre-load period).

You can find something similar for RADIOSS I believe. (>DYREL option)

Please, let us know, if you find a proper solution.