KBE

Adjusting mesh size in selected areas of a 3D object

Hello,

I am trying to adjust the mesh size in a cylindrical object. Is it possible to vary the mesh size in a 3D object. Using tetramesh, when I select the mesh size to 4, the whole solid is selected but I only want one part of the object to have a mesh size of 4, and the rest to remain at 5 or 6.

Please tell me how I can do this.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Hi,

firstly split the geometry in the region where you want to mesh with element size 4. Go to 2D meshing panel and mesh this surface with element size 4. Choose the remaining surface and mesh it with different size as required. Now go to 3D mesh panel ->Tetramesh -> Volumetetra -> choose the solid to be meshing and tick the match existing mesh option.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Punith 

11 minutes ago, Punith said:

Hi,

firstly split the geometry in the region where you want to mesh with element size 4. Go to 2D meshing panel and mesh this surface with element size 4. Choose the remaining surface and mesh it with different size as required. Now go to 3D mesh panel ->Tetramesh -> Volumetetra -> choose the solid to be meshing and tick the match existing mesh option.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Punith 

Hi Punith,

I will try this right now. The meshing time takes forever.

26 minutes ago, Punith said:

Hi,

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Punith 

Hi Punith,

Could you please explain where I have to go to split the geometry. Is it in the "solid edit" panel?

Thank you

On 13/04/2018 at 12:19 PM, George P Johnson said:

Hi,

I recommend you to go through https://altairuniversity.com/learning-library/?type=learninglibraryitem&search=tetra&filter_resource_type=&filter_discipline=&filter_language=&filter_source= which has interactive videos and tutorials on tetra meshing, in which -"Meshing of a Steering Wheel" tutorial is there showing solid editing options.

Hello George,

Thank you but I am not exactly allowed to watch videos during work.However I managed to figure it out. Thanks again.

Kind Regards,