Sign in to follow this  
Aslan

von mises stress in lattice opti.

Hı,

I want to create stress restriction in lattice optimization. So  I am changing the value in the image below. But I do not see any change when I check the analysis results. (von mises).

Can you help me?

image.png.a6921580332e6effc6b0b9048699bbf0.png

The stress target in topology optimization is applied globally to the model (including non-design space). Please refer to the online help for the DTPL card (especially comment #1). It is through the DTPL card and not a DCONSTR
From FAQ section of help:
The stress constraint definition in a topology optimization is a global constraint and does not target local stress concentrations.  These areas can be addressed subsequently through size, shape, and free shape optimization or a combination thereof.  Artificial stress concentrations are filtered out during topology optimization with stress constraints.

@Prakash Pagadala,

Thank you for everything.

I understand, Stress constraint has little effect for lattice structure.  When I examine lattice type (1, 2, 3, 4) seems to have little an effect. Ok, then which parameter should I use for the changes analysis result aside from lower and upper bound lattice.

I tried stress constraint for topology optimization, but I still can not see any changes. Analysis----optimization---topology---parameters---stress constraint...

As I change stress constraint have to change element stress and displacement values, is that correct   ?

Hi @Busra ASlan

During topology the stress constraint may or may not have any effect during the first phase.

In order to have a better concept, try with compliance and volume fraction and in phase two stress constraint can be added.