Hi Prakash

Is it possible to manage such problems in contour, please? Is it an error in simulation or not? What is the source of such problems?

Thank you.

Hi

Sorry for a late reply. 

I think too fine mesh is causing this the problem, 

Does the problem involve FSI?

Hi

You're welcome. Already it is just an implicit analysis but I want to do an FSI analysis later on it, as well.

If the source of problem is related to fine mesh, how can we find an optimal number of elements to have a smooth contour and accurate results, please?

Thank you.

Hi

From the last replies, looks like the problem is with too fine mesh. 

There is no thumb rule for a better mesh. Maybe a mesh convergence study can help...?!!

Right now there is no direct way. One has to change the mesh, analyze, record and study the mesh size Vs results to find out the mesh size.

Hi

Regarding the tutorial with FSI, Since this is a coupled Optistruct – Acusolve run, both need to be running at the same time to exchange information. So after you have started your Optistruct, start running Acusolve also as shown in the section ‘Submitting the AcuSolve job’.

Hi Prakash

Thank you for providing information about running the FSI tutorials. Could you please let me know how to run simultaneously both OptiStruct and AcuSolve?

Thank you.

OK, thank you. I will share the same to CFD team. If possible please share FSI_AS_MANIFOLD.1.Log

Hi Prakash

Could you please ask CFD team if they can run tutorial OS-T: 1610? Furthermore, how can FSI effect be added to tutorial OS-T: 1610? According to tutorial explanation below, there is no FSI effect in the model.

"AcuSolve passes heat fluxes to OptiStruct. OptiStruct passes the temperatures to AcuSolve.

Note: This tutorial is limited to study fluid and thermal domain only."

Thank you.

Hi Prakash

Could you please let me know how a metallic cylinder under a cyclic internal pressure can be simulated by FSI in HyperWorks? I need to know the fluid part model. In fact, I would like to know how an FSI cylinder model with a cyclic internal pressure can be created based on Tutorial OS-T 1600.

Thank you.

Hi Prakash

Is it possible to activate the piezoelectric layers in tutorial OS-T: 1600 in HyperWorks (HW), please? Does it need to link HW with MATLAB to activate the piezoelectric layers?

Thank you.

On 9/21/2018 at 2:46 PM, Question said:

Hi Prakash

Is there any news about my two previous requests on tutorials OS-T 1600 and 1610, please?

Thank you.

Hi,

sorry for a late reply. Did you try to invoke AcuSolve?

On 9/28/2018 at 12:52 PM, Question said:

Hi Prakash

Is it possible to activate the piezoelectric layers in tutorial OS-T: 1600 in HyperWorks (HW), please? Does it need to link HW with MATLAB to activate the piezoelectric layers?

Thank you.

Could you please explain what you mean by activating Piezoelectric layers?.

Piezoelectric harversting is available in AcuSolve. If you can explain more about the simulation, I can check if this can be done with Opti and AcuSolve.