niwi

Result Values TCL Script

Hi everybody

I'm currently writing a script and need to extract the stress values (von Mises) for multiple elements. So far I'm using a query to get contour values. Is there another way to get access to the result values?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Nils

Thanks for the video, but unfortunately that doesn't really help me, since I need to extract the values of up to 1000 elements and export them in a .hwascii file. Maybe "multiple elements" was a bit vague. Sorry for that.

I was originally looking for a way to access the result values without creating a contour first. Right now I'm creating a contour and starting a query. After that I create a different contour and so on.

Thank you

On 4/26/2018 at 4:36 PM, niwi said:

I'm currently writing a script and need to extract the stress values (von Mises) for multiple elements. So far I'm using a query to get contour values. Is there another way to get access to the result values?

Create Element set for elements of interest and use the same to contour results?!!!

I'm using an element set for the contour and the query as well. It works fine so far. But for large systems it takes a lot of time. That's why I was thinking if there was another way to access the results without needing to create the contour in the first place.

Thanks

xand3r likes this