lanwujiu

Solid mappable issue

I have a model with 5 parts and it is symmetric. I partitioned as much as I can, but still, have an issue in mappable solid as the picture below (this is the simples and most complex part in the model)

Any advice on partitioning?

Thanks!

image.png.0f63836ec9ea732f3a2d29ccabcfb2aa.pngimage.png.79d7bc07bf6ed4f823fe61039dd2593a.png

sphere shape profile always good to partition with two sections for better mapping results...secondly check geometrical error 

merge once the existing partitions and try  splinting with intersecting lines as reference

5 hours ago, lanwujiu said:

I have a model with 5 parts and it is symmetric. I partitioned as much as I can, but still, have an issue in mappable solid as the picture below (this is the simples and most complex part in the model)

Any advice on partitioning?

Thanks!

image.png.0f63836ec9ea732f3a2d29ccabcfb2aa.pngimage.png.79d7bc07bf6ed4f823fe61039dd2593a.png

Share your HM model?

1 hour ago, savesagan said:

sphere shape profile always good to partition with two sections for better mapping results...secondly check geometrical error 

merge once the existing partitions and try  splinting with intersecting lines as reference

Thank you for your advice! I saw the other user in this line sharing a way of partitioning the sphere. Are you suggesting the same way? 

What does it mean by merging the existing partitions?

8 hours ago, Premanand Suryavanshi said:

Hi @lanwujiu

Do not split each and every section and make it complex. you can split the sphere into two section upper and lower. Suppress few lines like mentioned below and refer it as along lines.

image.png.0f63836ec9ea732f3a2d29ccabcfb2aa.png

Thank you

Thanks, I merged those parts and tried again, the vertical line is from the geometry so I could not remove it. The lower part is not a part of a sphere but a flat bottom, maybe it is the case why it is still mappable. I am trying to mesh it in a quarter model.

image.png