lanwujiu

Cannot delete duplicate surfaces

I have created an assembly which is a rod inserting into the column in Solidworks and checked there is no interference. I output the file to .stp and import in Hypermesh, and check geometry for duplicated surfaces. 3 were found.

But I cannot delete the duplicated surface and the message "3 selected were attached to solid; deletion ignored"

Is it the problem of the original 3D model? How could I fix it?

image.png.20871ac2d2005eda2890b25662cdba5e.png

Hello @lanwujiu,

Greetings!!!

Whenever I face the similar situation like yours- I try to create a new component, and then duplicate all the displayed surfaces into the new component.

Next, turn off the geometry of old component. And since, new component - has only surfaces- you can easily delete  the surfaces which you would like to.

Let us know, it it works, and if you find a better solution - do share with us - as there are multiple ways to address this.

Thanks & Warm Regards,

Akshay S Patil

lanwujiu likes this

2 hours ago, akshaysp.09 said:

Hello @lanwujiu,

Greetings!!!

Whenever I face the similar situation like yours- I try to create a new component, and then duplicate all the displayed surfaces into the new component.

Next, turn off the geometry of old component. And since, new component - has only surfaces- you can easily delete  the surfaces which you would like to.

Let us know, it it works, and if you find a better solution - do share with us - as there are multiple ways to address this.

Thanks & Warm Regards,

Akshay S Patil

Hi, thank you for your advice. Your method works! But I am a little confused now. I was making 2d mesh but I selected the surfaces by geometry, which refer to the solid. So should I select the surface one by one now?

@lanwujiu

If you have trouble with solid geometry, you can simply delete it but retain bounding surfaces.

Make sure that deleting bounding surfaces is UNCHECKED before you delete the solid. 

surf.PNG