Sign in to follow this  
Alan

Run analysis using tcl command

Hello,

I used following commands to run analysis but it created only h3d, fem, out, and stat files.

I open out file and it says checking only completed. so there is no analysis process.

#create new folder
md "implant static analysis$i"

*createstringarray 4 "model=1" "overwrite=1" "title=0" "result=0"
*writeh3dwithoptions "C:/Users/sihao/Desktop/COOP/2018 Summer/Dental Implant/tcl/implant static analysis$i/Beam$i.h3d" 1 4

*createstringarray 1 "CONNECTORS_SKIP "
*feoutputwithdata "C:/Program Files/Altair/2017-edu/templates/feoutput/optistruct/optistruct" "C:/Users/sihao/Desktop/COOP/2018 Summer/Dental Implant/tcl/implant static analysis$i/beam_r_4_l_10$i.fem" 1 0 2 1 1
"C:/Program Files/Altair/2017-edu/hwsolvers/scripts/optistruct.bat" "C:/Users/sihao/Desktop/COOP/2018 Summer/Dental Implant/tcl/implant static analysis$i/beam_r_4_l_10$i.fem"

Thank you

1.png

Hi

Invoke optistruct.bat with option "-analysis"

"C:/Program Files/Altair/2017-edu/hwsolvers/scripts/optistruct.bat" "C:/Users/sihao/Desktop/COOP/2018 Summer/Dental Implant/tcl/implant static analysis$i/beam_r_4_l_10$i.fem" -analysis

Hello @tinh,

I added -analysis at the end but it doesnt seem to be working. I find that there are err-5280.out and other files popped out when running.

2.png.40f03d0aec3c9f4452d6c55764a77c2b.png3.png.b5bd3d04dae35a42b4c283c4ab4645c5.png

Also, is there command for opening graphical interface to monitor the process? that solver view?

Thanks in advance,

Alan

It is

exec [hm_info -appinfo SPECIFIEDPATH wish]  [file join [hm_info -appinfo ALTAIR_HOME] hwsolvers scripts hwsolver.tcl] -solver OS -screen "C:/Users/sihao/Desktop/COOP/2018 Summer/Dental Implant/tcl/implant static analysis$i/beam_r_4_l_10$i.fem"

Please refer to

Hello @tinh,

I added -analysis at the end but it doesnt seem to be working. I find that there are err-5280.out and other files popped out when running.

2.png.40f03d0aec3c9f4452d6c55764a77c2b.png3.png.b5bd3d04dae35a42b4c283c4ab4645c5.png

#create new folder
md "implant static analysis$i"

*createstringarray 4 "model=1" "overwrite=1" "title=0" "result=0"
*writeh3dwithoptions "C:/Users/sihao/Desktop/COOP/2018 Summer/Dental Implant/tcl/implant static analysis$i/Beam$i.h3d" 1 2

*createstringarray 1 "CONNECTORS_SKIP "
*feoutputwithdata "C:/Program Files/Altair/2017-edu/templates/feoutput/optistruct/optistruct" "C:/Users/sihao/Desktop/COOP/2018 Summer/Dental Implant/tcl/implant static analysis$i/beam_r_4_l_10$i.fem" 1 0 2 1 1

"C:/Program Files/Altair/2017-edu/hwsolvers/scripts/optistruct.bat" "C:/Users/sihao/Desktop/COOP/2018 Summer/Dental Implant/tcl/implant static analysis$i/beam_r_4_l_10$i.fem" -analysis

Alan

Did you use this command? I said about it on above post

exec [hm_info -appinfo SPECIFIEDPATH wish]  [file join [hm_info -appinfo ALTAIR_HOME] hwsolvers scripts hwsolver.tcl] -solver OS -screen "C:/Users/sihao/Desktop/COOP/2018 Summer/Dental Implant/tcl/implant static analysis$i/beam_r_4_l_10$i.fem"

Hello @tinh,

I did. And it indicates that check only

image.png.3ae1579a1ea0f8397cd1677c4766d484.png

if i ran it manually, it is working as shown below.

image.png.c7bdefb0ea913ea744864f1baad9d407.png

Thank you!

Alan

Hi,

could you try again with below ? (add -analysis)

exec [hm_info -appinfo SPECIFIEDPATH wish]  [file join [hm_info -appinfo ALTAIR_HOME] hwsolvers scripts hwsolver.tcl] -solver OS -screen -analysis "C:/Users/sihao/Desktop/COOP/2018 Summer/Dental Implant/tcl/implant static analysis$i/beam_r_4_l_10$i.fem"

And, is there any control card in your inputfile that indicate "check only" ? Please confirm

Hi @tinh,

Thank you very much! basically there is a check control card. I deleted it and solver does analysis now. 

One more thing, since it is a for loop. what command is used to close the hwsolver after analysis is finished?

Regards,

Alan

Hi,

Maybe, there is no option to let it exit after finished, because it is used for user interaction.

But you can use tasklist.exe and taskkill.exe of Windows to kill the wish application (a Tk application that's used to display solver informations)