EmSt

Non meshed coil: Difference line - rectangle

Hello,

I modeled a cicular coil. In the coil section I can choose between rectangle and line. Both possibilities want to define the heigth and the width. I tried both with the same heigth and the same width, but get different solutions. 

What is the difference between the selections?

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

The difference between both non meshed coil with rectangle coil section and with line coil section is located in the current distribution. With the recangle coil section you have the current in the all volume of the coil. But in the case of line coil section , the current is ditributed at the surface. To see this, yu can create tow coils; with rectangle and line section. Do a simulation and plot the current density.

Best regards.

EmSt likes this

Thanks, but is it possible to plot the current density, when the coil is non meshed?

Because it doesn't show anything:

1.thumb.png.367bcdcab226e6683cb2016ef90a14cf.png

2.png.7d6e5372326db6453b256812023ca3ba.png3.thumb.png.20a055542c3ca7687704bf9c9c17966b.png

To understand: Flux simulates with the line section a coil, which has all ist wires in one Surface (like a coil with a thin wall/ all wires have the same radius). 

And with the Rectangular section it models a coil wich wires have different radius.

Is this assumption right?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by EmSt
One more question