Sign in to follow this  

contacts failure

i m doing MBD in motionsolve,while doing it my contacts gets failed, i am using surface contacts(throu 2d meshing and then imposing it with my 3d model) with coulomb frictn off n taking impact contact.

kindly suggest sum procedure so that it wouldnt fail.also suggest methodology to select properties parameters.

Hi Ankur

One of the reason for the contact to fail might be due to the direction of normals of the Shell Mesh used to define the contacts. You could check and make sure the element normals of the two contacting surfaces are opposing each other in HyperMesh and use the exported H3D from HM in MotionView and define contact between the two graphics.

You can also try a smaller Max Step Size value in the solver parameters and also set the DAE Index to 2 if you are using the DSTIFF integrator.

Regards

Varun

first a very thank u for replyin ..

but its not workin as i ve try it with a simpl model also.The solution u gave i checked it with my model but i found everything is set right in my case.