padde1909

Periodicities in 3D transient magnetics

Hello,

I would like to use periodicities for a toroidal core in Flux3D transient magnetics (12.3). I have set up a simple example with a non-linear steel core and a non-meshed coil. The periodicity is set to cyclic conditions but somehow the magnetic flux won’t concentrate in the steel region.

I tried the full model with the same geometry and it looks fine, the flux is concentrated inside the steel region. So there must be a problem with the boundary or the periodicity.

How do I have to set up the boundaries/periodicities/formulations to get to correct results?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Patrick

3d_core_periodicity_solved.FLU.zip

Hello,

I never used periodicities, but I used symmetries. Your problem may be the formulations for the non-meshed coils:

peridicity.png.e11f85576eb6c9e8ad7be5f4fd53c893.png

Did you tried to change in "Edit Coil" --> "Electrical" --> "Symmeries and periodicities: ..." between "in series" or "parallel"?

An other possibility to change the boundary conditions are face regions. You can try to set them on the faces between the periodicities. 

I hope this would help you a little bit.

Thanks for your replies.

Symmetries are working for me as well. For the periodicity I tried to edit the non-meshed coil and to change the boundary conditions like you suggested, but I still get the same results.

I set up the model with meshed coils but no difference there.

I have read the documentation on how to use periodicities and think that I have taken into account all of the mentioned points.

Or am I missing something in my model? Or is it not possible to model such type of periodicities?

Best regards

Patrick