EmSt

Meshed Coil - Error

Hello,

I tried to modle a meshed coil. I defined two cylinders and made a subtraction. Then I made a cut object. Now I have a face for the enternal and exiting face (one of the orange faces).image.png.c8a05957125b19e3b8265242d1753d69.png

Then I made a coil conductor Region. 

After that I wanted to "orient wired of coil conductor regons". I want Internal terminals. So I selected one of the two faces from the "cut object"- Operation. After that I checked the physics:

error.png.66c4920e5de0d5371d10f1c850d68f90.png

I don't know what is wrong. What can I do to solve the Problem?

Thank you in advance.

image.png

Edited by EmSt

Hello,

To orient the meshed coil, you need to have the same points in the input and output face.   In your case I think the number of point in the input face is not equal to the number of point on output face. Can you check this? If it is the case you need to correct your geometry.

Best regards.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. How there can be a different number of points, when the existing and the entering face is the same face? 

Could the reason why it doe't work be, that the Coils other points wasn't symmetric  to the reference plane(entering/exiting face)?:

c.jpg.b928cecf1d45e160f094d10a5b753bd2.jpg

I made a cut on another reference plane(through the 4 lines defined by the subtracted cylinders) and then it works. 

Best regards.