Sulaiman

Optimization in WinProp

Hello,

How can I implement my own optimization algorithm in winprop?

It is worth to mention that I want to use the algorithm for sites placements depending on several factors like Power, Data Rate, Capacity... etc.

I tried using OptMan but there are no resources in that on how to use it.

Thanks.

The optimization of the radio network i.e. selection of the required subset from the set of predefined transmitters to fulfill some coverage targets (e.g. Rx power level) is possible in the OptMan tool. Please see the attached application note.

For the implementtation of your own optimization algorithm you would need to call the WinProp API (which is included in the 2018 installer together with the WinProp API manual and some sample projects under MS Visual Studio) for running the coverage prediction for each transmitter. Then you can process the computed results (given in the API data structures) based on your own optimization algorithm.

OptManIndoorSubset.pdf

Sulaiman likes this

On 8/2/2018 at 1:45 AM, reinerh said:

The optimization of the radio network i.e. selection of the required subset from the set of predefined transmitters to fulfill some coverage targets (e.g. Rx power level) is possible in the OptMan tool. Please see the attached application note.

For the implementtation of your own optimization algorithm you would need to call the WinProp API (which is included in the 2018 installer together with the WinProp API manual and some sample projects under MS Visual Studio) for running the coverage prediction for each transmitter. Then you can process the computed results (given in the API data structures) based on your own optimization algorithm.

OptManIndoorSubset.pdf

Thanks for the reply and the resource! very useful!

However, I was trying to run an optimization project in OptMan using a simple network planning project that I have from ProMan but I keep getting the following warnings and errors (please see attached). I tried running one of the provided OPT Examples with the software installation but similar errors occur. 

Can you please help? 

Thanks.

Error.thumb.PNG.f2ee57495df52e4c2f17ccf6d9c4ac83.PNG