Farzin

Moving local coordinate System (Adaptiv)

Hello Altair Team,

I am doing a non-linear quasi static Simulation with 2 sequential load steps. I would like to apply a force after Deformation (Load step 1) in a cetain direction for example X (local Coordinate Sys). I have tried to define a local coordinate (CORD1R) and assigned the nodes and the force to this Local System. I expected that the coordinate  System move with the Body (Green coordinate system). But the results Shows, that the force will be applied according to the local coordinate direction in the beginning Situation.(Red Coordinate System)  it means that the local System does not move with the Body. In hyperview, it stays at the beginning Position.

Folie1.thumb.JPG.627c640144782c96c51eef667678c395.JPG

Could you please give me some hints about moving local coordinate System.

@Prakash Pagadala

Hi Prakash,

is there any tutorial for Follower loads?

Should i define the loads in a load collector with CARD Image FLLWER? or in a just normal load collector seperately?

the next question is, can this method be used for Moments too?

Hi,

Please refer to OS-T: 1510 Follower Loads, Nonlinear Adaptive Criteria, and Nonlinear Intermediate Results

Two type of loads, pressure load (only PLOAD4 Bulk Data Entries) and concentrated force (only FORCE1/FORCE2 Bulk Data Entries) can use this entry to control the options for Follower Loads