Balaji Viswanadh G

Line of Sight (LOS) propagation analysis in ProMan

Dear Members,

I am required to view all LOS servers serving a receiver pixel in the prediction area using network modelling tool. I understand that DPM considers the dominat path and it need not necessarily the line of sight path.  Is there a setting which I can change for DPM or any other solver in ProMan to perform only LOS coverage. Please advise.

Thanks

Balaji

In the case of ray tracing (Standard Ray Tracing, SRT, and Intelligent Ray Tracing, IRT), you can specify to include zero diffractions and zero reflections and zero transmissions (I have never tried this combination myself). In the case of a rural scenario, maybe the Two-Ray Model with visibility check will do what you need.

The DPM computes both the LOS and NLOS regions.

But you can activate under the Propagation tab of the ProMan project parameters also the output of the LOS map, which is then computed during the propagation simulation and can then be displayed in ProMan from the result free like the other results (Rx power, pathloss, ...).