Abeba Tsegay

export radios from hyper crash

hello, i am doing crash analysis on a ford Taurus vehicle model and i couldnot export the file. it kept on saying "please, reduce the number of nodes to below 10000". what should i do? thank you.

hello Prakash, i am having a problem in assigning velocity and loads in hyper mesh optistruct, hear let me explain it clearlly

i am designing a composite b pillar in order to study the side crash on a composite b pillar, there fore i already created the comp pillar and replaced the existing pillar on the model (ford taurus) , 

the problem is i want to perform a crash analysis on the vehicle  using the hyper mesh optistruct  and i want to know how to apply velocity and boundary conditions for the vehicle, can you please help?

thank you.

On 9/7/2018 at 6:30 PM, Abeba Tsegay said:

hello Prakash, i am having a problem in assigning velocity and loads in hyper mesh optistruct, hear let me explain it clearlly

i am designing a composite b pillar in order to study the side crash on a composite b pillar, there fore i already created the comp pillar and replaced the existing pillar on the model (ford taurus) , 

the problem is i want to perform a crash analysis on the vehicle  using the hyper mesh optistruct  and i want to know how to apply velocity and boundary conditions for the vehicle, can you please help?

thank you.

Hi @Abeba Tsegay

For explicit analysis like the crash, impact, drop, etc... please use RADIOSS.

OptiStruct may not suit your simulation 

Hello Rahul,

I did find it and i was doing analysis on it but it cannot support any analysis that is more than 10000 no of elements it cannot support a full car crash analysis that is why i wanted to purchase the full hyper crash, what do you recommend me to do.

@Abeba Tsegay

attached is the Chevrolet C2500 Pickup, Reduced model (10,500 elements), which I converted from LS-Dyna to Radioss using Hypercrash.

NOTICE: While using these FE Models, please use the following Courtesy Notice:
"This model has been developed by The National Crash Analysis Center (NCAC) of The George Washington University under a contract with the FHWA and NHTSA of the US DOT"

Please note there are no general claims to the validity and accuracy of the model by the NCAC or the US DOT. These models are developed for research purposes as documented in the associated reports for each model.

C2500.hm

hello dears,

Do you happen to have any automobile models? since my objective is to use medium weight automobiles for the crash test, can you convert any automobile in to Radioss file for me just with less than 10000 or 100k nodes . I really appreciate all the effort you are putting in to supporting me.

Best regards

Hi,

Unfortunately, there are no mid-size cars bellow 100k nodes. But you can remesh the models with coarse mesh to stay bellow the limit.

Attached is the reduced Chrysler Neon model (from Altair university model repository, originally from NCAC/GWU databse)

If you appreciate the content shared, please hit the like button ;)

Neon_reduce.hm

Abeba Tsegay likes this

i am only going to focus on the b pillars and surrounding, i am okey with coarse mesh for the rest parts of the vehicle, do i have to re mesh every part of the vehicle to reduce the nodes ?