Abeba Tsegay

export radios from hyper crash

Hi,

side impact pole is preferably modeled by a rigid wall:

-analysis>rigid walls>geom>shape=cylinder

pick the appropriately offset node (edit node coordinates) and specify the corresponding diameter.

Please refer to tutorial RD-E: 1600 Dummy Positioning in Radioss help.

hello guys

i have a problem on assigning property and material to the model you send me .

i tried assigning new mat and prop to the b pillar on the ford taures model you attached me and when solving it kept on saying its normal termination and user termination but it doesnt give me all results.

i am attaching you the radios file can you please check i couldn't figure out what the problem is .the changed components are part 62, part 63 and part 64.

thank you

Taurus-V002_0000.rad

Taurus-V002_0001.rad

Hi,

a couple of basic modeling errors:

-pole (rigid wall) was referencing node group for frontal crash

-initial velocity was moving the car away from the pole

-there was a self-impacting type 7 contact interface on the whole car, which is problematic as there are many unresolved intersections and penetrations. So I defined self-impact contact only on components near the impact area and removed penetrations and intersections using tools>penetration check in HM (in Hypercrash use quality>check all solver contact interfaces). It is computationally efficient to include only parts of the model where contact influences deformation mode.

The main problem was a negative shell and numerical damping in a composite property. Also, the composite b-pillar is too weak so it is rupturing immediately after impact, which is also causing trouble in type 7 contact. With proper b-pillar structural integrity the contact interface would probably work. 

taurus_forum2_0000.rad

taurus_forum2_0001.rad

The run is failing because of deep penetrations therefore node deactivation in type 7 interface. I have tried with symmetric contact and type 11 line contact without success. The issue is probably due to weak b-pillar shattering.

I will get back to this model later, because it frustrated me too much :huh:

Abeba Tsegay likes this

hello ivan ,

i was searching for dummy positioning in hyper mesh help and all tutorials are for lsdyna, abaquas or madymo interfaces.

are there any tutorials for hypermesh radioss solver (the student version only suppors radioss and optistruct) please i tried to position the dummy after importing but i couldn't find any thing that supports me.

thank you for the great support as always

Hi,

I presume by dummy positioning you mean joint manipulation (for settling under gravity see Example 16 - Dummy Positioning).

As far as I know there are no dummy joint manipulation tutorials specifically for Hypermesh or Radioss user profile, but the process is the same as in Ls-dyna user profile, for which there is a tutorial: HM-4640: Dummy Positioning.

Simply convert the model (dummy_positioner.hm) to Radioss (tools>convert>LS-dyna>to Radioss) and follow the procedure described in the tutorial.

Even though this video is Hypercrash for LS-dyna it is useful demonstration:

Hello Ivan 

How are you, i was working on dummy side crash with rigid wall and i found this file from altire forum for frontal impact, can you please help make it side impact with rigid wall i tried but only the dummy was moving. i am attaching you the original file.

Modell_komplett_0000.rad

Modell_komplett_0001.rad

Hi,

this model is not suitable for side impact because there are no door components, but also has some modeling issues. Dummy has to be merged with the car model, positioned, belted, rigid wall (cylinder?)  and initial velocity defined. It takes some work and even if I did it for you, then you would not learn how to do it yourself. First you should try it yourself, and ask for support only when stuck. 

Attached are dummy and dummy+seat+seatbelt models that can be merged and positioned in the car model with Safety>Dummy Positioner>Import>File:

H350R12B_dummy_0000.rad

seat&dummy_0000.rad

Then use Safety>Belt Generator for seatbelts.

Refer to RD-T: 3150 Seat Model with Dummy for details.