Sign in to follow this  
astalavista

How to load multiple maps into ProMan & simulation only in defined points

Dear WinProp community,

How to load multiple .hgt maps into one Rural and Suburban scenario? I can convert .hgt map into .tdb but I cannot figure out how to "merge" these into .tdi format.

Also I would like to know if is there any function to run propagation simulation just for defined points in (Long, Lat) format?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

First you need to convert every .hgt file into the .tdb format. Then there is the following way to combine multiple topo files in ProMan which can then be used for simulations:

• Load the first *.tdb file in ProMan and combine the second *.tdb file via Edit => Combine Data => Max Value
  • Fill the undefined pixels using Edit => Modify Data in Area => Interpolate Data
  • Save the resulting topo data into a new *.tdb file via Data => Topo Database => Save As

For rural scenarios the predictions can be also done for individual Rx points (under the simulation tab you can enter the points). If the maps are in metrical UTM coordinates you need to convert first long/lat to UTM (in ProMan under Data => Convert Coordinate Datum).

Just a little tip from me: in order to save your new topography database you have to load first *.tdb file via File => Open Database. It is not possible to save merged maps while you are in project mode!