Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo Oliveira

AcuSolve error

This typically has to do either with initialization and/or model setup.  Please post the complete .inp and .Log files, if possible.  You may also want to contact your regional Altair support team.

Based on what I see in the input file, you have a single surface set intended to be used as both inflow and outflow - and only defined by velocity Nodal Boundary Conditions.  Is that correct?  This is really not a recommended setup.  It may run, but you should still use Simple Boundary Condition on that surface - maybe use type = inflow, with inflow type velocity, and set the x-velocity to 1.0.  In addition, use your Nodal Boundary Conditions, and set the precedence to 2 instead of the default of 1.  As I said, it's not a recommended approach, but it may run once you have a complete boundary condition description using Simple BC and Nodal BC together.

Thank you for the reply !

The problem was related to the dimensions of the model. I did not scale the model properly when exporting from Hypermesh to Acuconsole.

Regarding your comment, I have made some simulations with only the Nodal Boundary Conditions set and the simulation ran. Do you think that this can originate some problems?

Best,

Ricardo

NBC only may sometimes work, but it doesn't describe a complete set of boundary conditions for all variables.  A full inlet, for example, requires a combination of NBCs and EBCs, which is generally accomplished by setting Simple BC.  Best practice is to use Simple BC, then NBC along with it to define the profile.