Rahul Prakash

2D meshing support required.

I am trying to mesh 2D surfaces. I got some errors at various points and don't know how to rectify them. Can you please provide some tutorials containing models with solutions for practice regarding 2D mesh. I need to be proficient with meshing and please provide some basic guidelines on rectifying errors.

Hi Rahul Prakash,

the Free eBook: Practical Aspects of Finite Element Simulation (a Study Guide) is highly recommended. Please refer to chapter 2D Meshing With HyperMesh for guidelines.

The following strategy is recommended if element quality is the most important:

2D>automesh (F12)>QI optimize>edite criteria to define element quality criteria

2D>qualityindex where element quality can be checked visually and edited using cleanup tools one at a time. The failing elements can be saved to later be retrieved in elem cleanup or automesh again

2D>elem cleanup can be used to cleanup a group of elements

Hi Rahul Prakash

You can get model files associated with the e-book  Free eBook: Practical Aspects of Finite Element Simulation

Also install HyperWorks Help where you can get tutorials on 2D meshing along with Model files for meshing.

If you are an university user you can search the learning library too for model files