adriortnu

Using Altair Compose to contour custom results in Hyperview

Hi everybody!

I need to read main stresses (in nodes average simple) with Altair Compose and post processing this stresses for a fatigue analysis.

After all, I'd like to view the results obtained from script .oml with Hyperview.

I don't know how I can do it. I've got the main stresses in elements with function readbuildervectot but I need it in nodes and I need to find a way to visualize the final results made with the scripts.

Thanks a lot. Any advice is help for me.

Hello,

Please find attached a similar example that I created with the same purposes. There are slides explaining the workflow as well as a video about it at https://web2.altairhyperworks.com/altair-for-aerospace-learning-center.

The idea is to:

1. Output from the CAE analysis is read with readmultvectors

2. A certain action is performed on the element stresses (plasticity corection)

3. An output which is readable in HyperView is created

This output (.hwascii) is nothing more than a text file with headers. These headers make the file readable in Hyperview and therefore you could plot the contour there.

Regards,

Roberta

CAEDemoCompose_ForCustomers.zip

stmaster likes this

Hi Roberta,

First of all, thanks a lot for your quickly answer and your attached files. These have helped me a lot!

Only one question more... Do you know how I can read from CAE results file the stresses in nodes? I only see the option to extract the data in elements. I do not know if there is an option where i can indicate the average method like in Hyperview.

Best Regards,

Adrián.

Hello!

The definition of stress is on elements per se, but the usage of corner data is an abstraction which is present in HyperView but not in Compose. I will make myself clear with the image that I attached.

image.png.707167c04ef23c050408b6e9d7f4754b.png

The corner data takes into account the closest integration points in order to integrate and calculate the stress. We are not able to retrieve the results of integration points inside Compose, but only the stress of the centroid using commands such as readcae, readvector or readmultvectors.

Regards,

Roberta