Nachiket Kadu

Total Contact Force

Hi All

I am trying to evaluate the contact forces for a snap fit problem. Using CONTF i can get the normal  grid point forces. Instead of grid points i need to evaluate the total contact force. Is it possible in possible in optistruct? If possible kindly share a work around.

Regards

NK

2 minutes ago, Prakash Pagadala said:

@Nachiket Kadu

Are you looking for contact forces (Grids)?

You can load the H3d file and plot the same in HG

contactforc.png

No not grid points but total of those grid points. The contact force will be distributed among the contacting area nodes. I need to eveluate total of those nodes.

23 hours ago, Rahul R said:

Can you try requesting output in opti format.The .cntf file is an Altair OptiStruct ASCII format results file. PFA screenshot for your reference.

.CNTF file.JPG

@Prakash Pagadala Here we get the total of the interface forces but in ASCII format. I need to plot this.

1.JPG

Hi @Nachiket Kadu

Reading .cntf will be supported from the upcoming version and our developers are working on it.

As a workaround, you can export the contact forces for all nodes per increment to an excel sheet, sum all the forces and plot the same on HG. I know it is a bit tedious, but this is the one solution I can think of right now. 

3 minutes ago, Prakash Pagadala said:

Hi @Nachiket Kadu

Reading .cntf will be supported from the upcoming version and our developers are working on it.

As a workaround, you can export the contact forces for all nodes per increment to an excel sheet, sum all the forces and plot the same on HG. I know it is a bit tedious, but this is the one solution I can think of right now. 

Hi @Prakash Pagadala

Thank you for the Update.