Meerten

Generating 16 port touchstone file: not responding!

Hi,

I am trying to export Y-parameters of an array which includes 16 elements, hence, 16 ports. I want to create a .y16p file but every time I try to export POSTFEKO crashes and is not responding.

I know it is a lot of data to export, but is there any other way to get Zparameter data?

Thanks in advance!

Hello @Peter Futter,

Thanks for your quick response! I found a workaround. Now I just go to the S-parameter configuration in CADFEKO and check the "Export S-parameter to Touchstone file (* .snp)". Then it automatically computes the .s16p file and with this file I can post-process and convert it to the .y16p file.

However, shall I still include the model files, so that you can figure out if it is a bug or something?

However, shall I still include the model files, so that you can figure out if it is a bug or something?

Hi @Meerten

It would be great if you could provide the files (attach or send to support) so that we can take a look at what is going wrong.

Thanks!

It looks like a performance bug when exporting Y and Z parameters - we'll ask our developers to investigate. I didn't see any mistake in your model.

Exporting the S-parameters (during simulation or from POSTFEKO) seems to work and will have to be used as a workaround for now (like you mentioned).

@Meerten, our developers have investigated and fixed the performance problem with Y and Z parameter export. The fix should go out with an update early in 2019. Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention!