Hello Everyone,

I would be really appriciated if someone can answer my question. I dont know if it is possible in Hyperworks to do implicit parametrisation.

I am currently working on a cross section shape optimization of a b Pillar.

This b pillar consists of 3 metal sheet. Outer inner and the reinforcement. Reinforcement should go up and down in the y direction

Outer and inner pillar should be parametrised in x direction. I have already made required morphing and saved them as shape. This is called as an explicit shape parametrisation while the geometrical conflict and overlapping can only be prevented by having a smaller margin of movement. In order words when i move the reinforcement more than 12mm outside pillar and reinforcement will cause an overlapping. Is there any way to control this?

When the outer pillars are wider there is whole bunch of space that reinforcement in y direction to move. But if move it than there will be overlapping when it is narrower. Such as in the picture belows. Hope i could explain my problem.

image.thumb.png.85c935b7782b9c6b2409939d994b8cb6.png

image.thumb.png.e3276bf3555b7e50719192017aa01676.png

image.thumb.png.8a94c55852df020d8b6deb88e80a3bc4.png

image.thumb.png.54a75503b1b5820c6bb15500ff1cf06b.pngimage.thumb.png.0856b523fc1f9e4be62ff4cee1ffe8bf.png

image.thumb.png.3ea344be06c099e9e131ca43f5152e9f.png

Screenshot 1 is not valid for analysis. Outer pillar intersects twice with reinforcement. This can be controlled via morphing, which you have attained in other shapes.

Hello Rahul, 

Thank you for your reply. That is what i meant. Is there a way to control it automatically? For example inter-dependency between handles? 

For example :

Handle 2 (30,0) (Reinforcement) can never be higher than Handle 1 in y direction or vice versa (30,30) (Outer Pillar) 

I am just looking for an implicit parametrisation. Software should detect the geometrical conflicts and overlappings and prevent it with some sort of coding or interdependency. I couldnt see any option in Hyperworks. As i see, designer must do it manually? 

Different shapes would be completely controlled by HyperMesh Morphing features.You can use morph constraints,Symmetry and different morph concept(domains and handle concept,Morph volume concept and map to geometry)

Hello Rahul, 

I am not sure how to do that with Morphing . Maybe there is smt that i dont know. 

If i send you the model, can you please help me with the following parametrisation? Model should be able to detect the overlapping. For Example when the outer pillar is wider reinforcement can move up around 22mm. As the outer pillar and inner pillar gets narrower in order to prevent geometrical conflicts reinforcement will move up correspondingly. from 22 mm to 12 mm with the movement of Pillars. Can you help me with that? 

paramet.thumb.jpg.897769cbbe389cd4c0339a56179eb57e.jpg