Divan.46

Error: Failed to attach results.

After analyzing a simply supported beam in hypermesh by optistruct solver I am not being able to view the results in hyperview. I have followed this tutorial : https://connect.altair.com/CP/SA/training/self_paced/os_linear/content/linear_1/PDF/1a_doit.pdf
 Is it a reader problem or anything else? I am not getting it.

Capture.PNG

I see you are using student edition.Just check whether h3d file is generated after run or not.If it is generated then, simply load and check displacement/stress results using contour plot option in Hyperview.

Thank you for the reply.
I am not getting any displacement option by in the contour plot. Why it may happen? 
I am getting the result after solving by the optistruct solver.

1.PNG

Hi @das.286

check if you have applied a PSHELL property to the CQUAD4 element # x. If the element is not compatible with the property it throws this error. Also ensure that different types of elements (shells, solids)  are assigned to different components. Use the mask panel (View>Browser>Hypermesh>Mask) to show/hide/isolate elements by type.

In the model you shared the material parameters E, nu and Rho were not set, so it was not able to run. It is a good practice to check your models before running with Tools>Model Checker>Optistruct.

beam_shell_geometry_edit.fem