Minoru Yubuchi

Preference file of Activate

Hi Minoru,

There is a way to force Activate to cd to given directory, using the startup script.

1. In Oml command window, run startupscript_edit

2. In the popping up oml editor, you can write a line of code such as cd('your working directory')

3. After making this change, every time when Activate is invoked, the CWD will be your preferred directory.

Hai and Livio,

Thank you for the advices.

I changed the default working directory as your advices, then created a new model and tried to saved it, but the model was not saved in the directory (see the picture attached). Please let me know what I did wrong.

Thanks,

Minoru Yubuchi 

2019-02-18_11-11-29.jpg

Hi Minoru,

Working directory and load/save directory are two different things. In working directory e. g. oml-scpripts are searched for. In the GUI you set the directory in the File Browser

image.png.01a22a51fb3b085ec2c02fe92ba1cb27.png

The load/save directory is always the last directory you have used for opeing or saveing a project. The setting can be found in c:\users\<username>\.altair\Activate<version>\hwx\settings.xml in section Session

<section name="@Session">
   <section name="DirectoryBrowser">
     <entry name="Open Directory" value="D:/home/ActivateLibrary/_demos/Circuit models/" type="string"/>
     <section name="History">
       <entry name="@name" value="D:/Hub/Christian" type="string" current="1"/>

If you can set your preferred directory automatically e. g. in the startup script, I don't know.