RoKet

Missing graphics while exporting Inspire as mdl-file

I'm playing around with the new demo models for Inspire and MotionSolve (https://altairhyperworks.com/motionsolve-models/) and export the model "Landing Gear - 4 Wheels" to MotionSolve. When I open the model (.mdl) in MotionView, the connections between graphics and the components in x_t-file are broken (no box checked in the Components list). Also the names of the componets are not the same as in x_t-file, otherwise I could restore the connections by name.

How can I avoid this problem?

Thanks for help,
Ronald

Landing_Gear_4 wheels.mdl

Landing_Gear_4_wheels_x_t.74525011bdbc603bdf22cb4881e16717

Inspecting the MDL file you provided there appears to be a mismatch between the part name and the internally represented name embedded in the CAD.  Think of it as being a 'mapping problem'.  This isn't your fault.  The attached 'LG_parts.txt' file shows what I believe the part mapping ought to be.

Try using the attached MDL and Parasolids file and see if that works out better for you.

Sincerely,

asajd

Landing_Gear_4_wheels - Corrected.mdl

Landing_Gear_4_wheels_x_t.8bbc17520c5a14e4688199a9da4b1a66

LG_parts.txt

Hi asajd,

Thanks for solving the mapping problem. With your files it now works fine. I just had to rename the file "Landing_Gear_4_wheels_x_t.8bbc17520c5a14e4688199a9da4b1a66" into Landing_Gear_4_wheels.x_t".

Ronald