Farper

Lattice structure

Thank you. Yes I know it but if I want to have combination of Lattice and solid, I should have define stress constraint through responses and design constraints. The other thing is that if I want to guarantee the continuity in my design, is controlling the Lower bound and upper bound the only solution? Or there may be a control card which could guarantee it?

@Ivan

As you can see in the below picture the solid part is not connected to the lattice parts. in this case, the simulation is not complete because only the upper part will move and no load will affect the rest of the model (I have also attached the lattice part .fem file). I want to know is there any solution to guarantee the connections in the model? the only way that comes to my mind is to set the lower bond and the upper bond in a way that we could be sure about the connections, but I have doubts that if this design is optimal or not.

Capture.JPG

bulk-5_lattice_optimized.fem

OK, I see. If the model is properly connected after Phase I (bulk-5_lattice_lattice.fem), then the issue could be in Phase II:

The Beam Cleaning procedure occurs at the end of the second optimization phase to remove beams with very low radii. Beam Cleaning can be controlled using LATPRM,CLEAN. The minimum value of the radii or aspect ratio can be controlled using LATPRM, MINRAD and/or LATPRM, R2LRATIO in conjunction with LATPRM ,CLEAN.

If you can use lower and upper bounds (of stress?) to control connectivity then you should use it. Have you tried optimizing for the smallest enforced displacement? 

Farper likes this

14 hours ago, Ivan said:

OK, I see. If the model is properly connected after Phase I (bulk-5_lattice_lattice.fem), then the issue could be in Phase II:

The Beam Cleaning procedure occurs at the end of the second optimization phase to remove beams with very low radii. Beam Cleaning can be controlled using LATPRM,CLEAN. The minimum value of the radii or aspect ratio can be controlled using LATPRM, MINRAD and/or LATPRM, R2LRATIO in conjunction with LATPRM ,CLEAN.

If you can use lower and upper bounds (of stress?) to control connectivity then you should use it. Have you tried optimizing for the smallest enforced displacement? 

I mean the lower bound and upper bound of the density for the lattice. And also I have tried to change the lattice parameters that you have mentioned above, it is like combination of all of these parameters. So there is no other option that could automatically guarantee the continuity? 

I doubt there is an option to automatically guarantee the connectivity, since in the interpretation of standard topology optimization results we still have to use engineering judgment by manually adjusting Iso density contour to ensure proper load-path connectivity.

Farper likes this

Hi,

I want to export my optimized lattice part but it seems it is not possible. So, I decided to try 3matic for exporting it as IGES but the problem is I cannot import my .fem file to 3matic and also I cannot export STL from hypermesh. Is there any solution for this problem?