Andreabb

Meshing complex STL file

Hi,

I have a problem with a complex component (STL file) that contains different dimension of triangles because there are lattice regions and massive regions. Unfortunatley, i try to use the "shrink wrap" command, but this creates or little tretra-elements (and after the analysis is very expensive) or big elements(in this case i lose the details of reticular part). How can i do?

I try to convert all the STL file in surfaces using "From FEA" in surface, but the result is a very irregular surface with a lot of hole. 

Thanks

Unfortunately, this way creates uniform mesh (tetra elements similar in dimension, i try with 0.01 minimum tet collapse) and collapse the details of the lattice region. Do you know other solutions?

Hi Pooja S,

My structure is more complex. I create two different mesh with "shrink wrapand this is a part of my model. There are two components: lattice part (that needs precise mesh) and massive part (that needs rought mesh). How  can i merge the two part? 

meshing.hm

Thanks Pooja S,

I make the tria-mesh on the surfaces(2d) but  after this the solid mesh (tetramesh) isn't available because "the mesh is not enclosed".