B3N___1

Trimming an already Trimmed Blank

Hi everyone, first post here :)

I am having trouble trimming a blank. 

I formed a blank, trimmed it, formed it again, and need to trim a second time before continuing with the next stage.  When I try to trim the already trimmed blank the second time, I get segmentation crashes.  I can trim areas that have not yet been trimmed no problem, but when I try to trim an area that had already been trimmed once before, it either crashes or it messes up the elements around the trimline.

Is it possible to trim a blank in an area that has already been trimmed once before in a previous stage ?

Hello B3N___1,

It is possible to trim blank many time as u want. One of best & easiest option for trimming is available in Main Menu - Setup - Advance - trimming.

There u need to choose some trim line & other parameters.

In order to complete forming of below component (multistage forming) i trimmed it two time.

Plate.jpg

Hi Gajendra

Could you please show me a video of you setting up and then performing a trim operation on a component and then forming it after ?  I want to make sure I am doing this right.  Would be very much appreciated.

Also, did your trims overlap each other ?  Like an area got trimmmed, then formed, then trimmed again ?  Thanks so much!

image.thumb.png.1c4e057168a4a034594b04cdabd961b0.png

This is my blank with 3mm elements.  The red is my trim line.  Notice when I trim, the elements around the trimline get smaller.  I noticed this doesn't happen with your example.  I should mention that I'm using Hyperform Solista v12.  Is this due to a setting ?  I'm wondering that perhaps whatever is causing this might be part of or the entire problem.

image.thumb.png.db604a55e91193142393b91e34215494.png