Pritish Shubham

Not able to run Optimization process in Altair Inspire software

Dear Sir/Madam

I had designed a basic model and was trying to optimize it as per the video tutorial "https://youtu.be/CgvurhpeRa0?list=PL1u26y75SCrB6Wa4QbDVeDCzuh2rdDa_C&t=2588". I had followed all the  steps as mentioned in the video, but I am still not able to get the optimized results. The image of error and the file is attached with the message. Kindly let me know where I am doing a mistake, as I had tried it for several times but not able to perform the optimization as well as analysis. 

Regards

Error in Inspire optimization.jpg

Model_2.stmod

We regret to inform you that the Student Edition license file which you received recently may not allow you to run an analysis or optimization with Inspire. We have identified the cause of the problem and kindly ask you to re-apply for a new license file.

To speed up the approval process, please add the remark “wrong license” in the comment/note field of the license application form. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

P.S.: If you are in a hurry you may try the following: 1. Create a back-up/copy of the license file; 2. In the original license file remove the following features (actually entire blocks):

Inspire

InspireStampingOneStep

InspireMotion

InspireBase

InspireTopology

InspireStatic

InspireCasting

Only the following features will remain in the license file:

HyperWorksEDU

Acufieldview

Evolve

HyperViewTrans

3. Save the license file and restart Inspire.

scottbaker likes this

I tried to follow the steps, but it still not working. After doing the above steps, while performing Analysis it says "Contact Altair Office".  I had mailed the issue to "altairuniversity@altair.com", from whom I received the previous License file. Do I have to mail some where else, or is there any one whom I can contact, through which I can expedite the process. Please help me regarding this and let me know what best I can do in this situation.

Regards

On 3/18/2019 at 11:31 AM, Nimisha Srivastava said:

We regret to inform you that the Student Edition license file which you received recently may not allow you to run an analysis or optimization with Inspire. We have identified the cause of the problem and kindly ask you to re-apply for a new license file.

To speed up the approval process, please add the remark “wrong license” in the comment/note field of the license application form. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

P.S.: If you are in a hurry you may try the following: 1. Create a back-up/copy of the license file; 2. In the original license file remove the following features (actually entire blocks):

Inspire

InspireStampingOneStep

InspireMotion

InspireBase

InspireTopology

InspireStatic

InspireCasting

Only the following features will remain in the license file:

HyperWorksEDU

Acufieldview

Evolve

HyperViewTrans

3. Save the license file and restart Inspire.

Dear Nimisha

I had received new License file today and after replacing my old license with new file and making necessary changes, I tried running the optimization as well as analysis in Altair Inspire software but am facing the same problem. My analysis stops after 64% completion and it shows a message to "Contact the Altair Local support office for help". If possible, can you please guide me what mistake I am doing. I am attaching the screenshot image and the files which I am trying to use in Altair Inspire software. I tries several steps to get the analysis done by:

1. Gave larger mesh size than the calculated size by software.

2. Saving the file in other directory which is different from the installed directory of the software. 

3. Keeping the geometry very simple and loading magnitude low. 

4. I tried to check the license file and found the Ethernet address mentioned in file is same as my system address.

5. Followed the steps of setting up the license file through video tutorial of Altair India Student contest Youtube channel "https://youtu.be/_DneeFoGgjg?list=PL1u26y75SCrAHUeD8Yl19Rvz2h9aQvDS6&t=128"

6. Uninstalled the software, downloaded fresh Altair Inspire Software, setup the license file as shown in the Youtube channel again, restarted my system and tried running the analysis again. But it shows same problem. 

Despite doing all things, I am still not able to run the analysis or optimization in Altair Inspire. Can you please guide me what I should I do now to get this issue resolved.

Regards

Pritish Shubham

Model.stmod

Model_12.stmod

Model_13.stmod

Model_inspire.jpg

Hi Pritish,

To ensure that the new license file is being used by Inspire, kindly delete the older file. Also go to File > Licensing, expand the HyperWorks units drop down and browse to locate your new license file. It may be possible that Inspire may still be pointing to the old license file as multiple license files are present in your system. 

image.png

Apologies for the late reply.

Thank You.

3 hours ago, Nimisha Srivastava said:

Hi Pritish,

To ensure that the new license file is being used by Inspire, kindly delete the older file. Also go to File > Licensing, expand the HyperWorks units drop down and browse to locate your new license file. It may be possible that Inspire may still be pointing to the old license file as multiple license files are present in your system. 

image.png

Apologies for the late reply.

Thank You.

Okay Nimisha

I can see the reason for license error. I tried to changing the license path to the Altair Inspire - Security Folder; but it still shows the older license path. The image for the problem can be seen in the attachment. Can you please tell me how to change the license path from previous to new path? Waiting for your reply. 

Regards

Altair Inspire license.jpg

Pritish,

• Click on the three dots beside the License file entry field.

image.png

• Upon clicking on the three dots, the browser window will open up.

image.png

• Find the place where you have saved the new license file and then select it.

image.png

• Click on open. Now, the new license file will be referenced.

You should be able to run the analysis and optimization successfully now.