Sign in to follow this  
Bachelor22

Marking of Elements Around a Hole

Hey guys,

I got a question concerning the following model. I want to move all the elements, which are surrounding the holes, into a component. Do you know a command how to mark them?

image.png.1f54392b2b167bb49a2362eb9abc1c46.png

Thanks in advance,

Simon

As I see it, there is no easy tcl command like *createmark to solve your issue as the wholes are not of the same shape (like all cylindrical holes could be easily selected with a "by cylinder").

Well, all the elements, you want to select share one property: They are at the boundaries of your element set and they for a closed loop. So to select the elements you want, you have to do the following:

- read in all the elements which are there

- identify all elements with node ids, that are only referenced once in the entire element set (those are the boundary elements)

- identify all closed loops within that element set

You can do it with any programming language you like. Files to be processed are: the .fem file for getting the elements and nodes as well as the _des.h3d for getting the element densities.

If there is an easy solution for this, I would be greatly interested if someone could share the findings. The above process takes a while (but on the other hand is applicable for 2d and 3d as well)

All the best,

Merula

Bachelor22 and Livil Lyle like this