Matteo95

Optimization Run Problems - Altair Inspire

Hello,

Every time I try to run a topological optimization with Altair Inspire I have the same problem: the optimization seems done at 100%, while the software does not allow me to view the results because the run status is still running (picture). What is the problem?

I am using the student version of the software.

Thank you

Cattura.JPG

I have this same issue with Inspire 2019. (those pics should be in the opposite order; aka, red x after the green '100%' status bar).

Additionally, all analyses freeze at 64% and never complete. They eventually show up with a red x, as a failure.

This happens with models I have created, and with those that I've dragged and dropped from the Inspire webinar course file folder "INSPIRE for Structural Analysis and Optimization -V2019"

Hits 100%, but never actually concludes, eventually updates to failed.PNG

Hits 100%, but never actually concludes.PNG

Exercise_1.stmod

I have exact the same problem and i already got the 2019.0.1 EDU version of Inspire.

It seems to be a problem of Inspire 2019 in combination with a specific Hardware configiration.

By the way, in version 2017.1 the same model runs perfectly. 

Anmerkung 2019-06-30 100457.jpg

I am optimizing on the following computer:

Windows 10 Professional version 1903

Intel Core i5 8600K @ 3,6GHz

Zotac RTX2070 

16 GB DDR4 RAM @ 2666 Hz

everything is saved on a 500GB Samsung SSD 860 Evo

Can you change the run directory (preferences: Run options : Run history path)  and run again.If possible share .stmod file for quick look.

I am able to run shared .stmod file with Inspire 2019.1 with slight modification.Is this happening for all Inspire optimization & analysis runs?

If possible please share the license file you are using.

I have the exact same issue on 2019.0.1 EDU.

My username is "FIRSTNAME LASTNAME". Does the space count as a special character? Regardless, changing my username is not really a solution as making that change would require me changing login accounts and everything on my PC.

Is there a solution to this issue??

Thanks.

Has this problem been solved by anyone? I am having it as well, after downloading Inspire today. I have a student license and have been trying to run through an Altair optimization tutorial with a pre-loaded part. Need this program for multiple projects, so I would love to find a solution. Thanks