Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and I'll truly appreciate your help.

I'm trying to simulate a shuttle moving along a guide, which is simplified with two curves (Up and DOWN). As you can see here below and in the attached files, I simulate the four wheels with four bodies joined to the shuttle through 4 bushing elements with high rotational and translation stiffness. Each wheel is constrained to the relative curve through a Point To Curve constraint.

In order to move the shuttle, I have firstly applied a constant force along the x axis of the shuttle and everything works well.

Since I got to simulate the behavior of an electric motor, I would like to apply a motion law. Therefore I created a simply motion with constant speed set to 100mm/s. When the shuttle compete the guide's curve (so it changes the axis of motion from x to y), it "blows up", releasing itself from bushing elements. I tried to define the motion between other markers, but I don't get the desired motion.

Can someone help me in this matter? Thank you

Capture.PNG

Carrello.mdl Curva.txt

You have to be very careful about how you set up an enforced motion on a problem like this.  Using Marker Motion should work, but you have to take care to attach the marker at the correct location, so that you do not force the car off of the path at the motion progresses through the simulation.

Hi Chris, thanks for your opinion.

You are right, but that's the clue of my problem and what I'm willing to solve.

How should I set the markers? Can you provide me a practical example? I've already tried all the possible combinations!