RoKet

Re-use / multiple use of model

Hi all,

I have a model of a controlled drive unit with inputs and outputs. Now I want to use this unit several times in another model of a more complex machine, the main parameters (power, max. speed, max. displacement) should be the same in all instances of the unit. Furthermore, modifications should have effect on all units.

What I have in mind are two solutions: Supermodel of unit, that may be stored in a library (no common update of model possible), or an 'Include Diagram' construct.

What I haven't said yet: the interface ports of my drive unit should be Activate signal ports and Modelica ports :) . Is this a killer criterion?

Thanks for your ideas!

Ronald

Ciao Rocket,

modifications should have effect on all units => you create a library with your basic units.

When you do so, if you change anything in the library, this will affect all the models which are using that library => you get what you want (if I've well understood).

Supermodel of unit, that may be stored in a library (no common update of model possible): you are probably speaking about superblocks here, if you mask them then they can be placed into a library. Common update is possible in libraries. It is not possible when you create a Palette which is slightly different.

the interface ports of my drive unit should be Activate signal ports and Modelica ports: no problem for this

I would use a library rather than an include diagram. 

Liv

Hi Rocket;),

fwiw: I added a slide comparing library and palette concerning some aspects like propagation of changes.

I would also, as Liv stated, go for a library approach.

Best

Christian

Activate_Library_vs_Palette.png

Liv and Chris,

You are my gods :)! Thank you for putting me on the right track.

One questions is still left: if I use the library approach, do I have to deliver my model with the library to a customer?

Ronald