Sign in to follow this  
Soichiro Fukamachi

What can I do for "`FMIConnector:-CreateArchive`. Error: "

I faced `FMIConnector:-CreateArchive`. Error:   when simulating Activate model with Modelica blocks.

What can I do for this?

---- detail ----

I ran "C:\Program Files\Altair\2019\ActivateBasic2019.1\tutorial_models\Extended_Book_Models\Chapter_11_Physical_modeling\motor.scm" , 

then I found error messages as below:

Starting Simulation

Error: Error, (in FMIConnector:-GenerateCode) procedure: `FMIConnector:-GenerateCode`. Error:

procedure: `FMIConnector:-CreateArchive`. Error:

shared library (.so/.dll file) was not successfully generated. Check the errors by manually executing .bat file

( 99 )

Block(s): DC Motor /EMF FromModelica DC Motor /Inertia_1 Ground_2 DC Motor/Resistor_1 DC Motor/EMF ToModelica DC Motor/Inertia_1 FromModelica_2 FromModelica_1 DC Motor /Resistor_1 Ground_2_1 Torque_1 DC Motor/Inductor_1 VoltageSensor_1 DC Motor /Inductor_1 SpeedSensor_1 AngleSensor_1 StepVoltage_1

Model: motor

with Windows10 64bit, Activate 2019.1.

I found that, "tools>compile" command shows almost same messages like this:

Starting Compilation

Error: Error, (in FMIConnector:-GenerateCode) procedure: `FMIConnector:-GenerateCode`. Error:

procedure: `FMIConnector:-CreateArchive`. Error:

shared library (.so/.dll file) was not successfully generated. Check the errors by manually executing .bat file

( 99 )

Block(s): DC Motor /EMF FromModelica DC Motor /Inertia_1 Ground_2 DC Motor/Resistor_1 DC Motor/EMF ToModelica DC Motor/Inertia_1 FromModelica_2 FromModelica_1 DC Motor /Resistor_1 Ground_2_1 Torque_1 DC Motor/Inductor_1 VoltageSensor_1 DC Motor /Inductor_1 SpeedSensor_1 AngleSensor_1 StepVoltage_1

Model: motor

And, I created new Activate model includes modelica blocks and ran, then almost same Errors appeared.

That's a matter around C++ compilers?

I'm working with Visual Studio 2017 Express, and 

> vssGetCompilerName()

ans = vc_env

seems OK.

Regards.

Hi Soichiro Fukamachi,

It seems that you haven't installed the right compiler. vc_enc isn't a C++-compiler. The answer to getCompilerName should be like this:

> vssGetCompilerName()
ans = vc15_community_x64

Please check that you have installed the C++-compiler of the package (another tick of a check box during installation). C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 17.0\VC (or similar) should contain vcvarsall.bat and \bin\amd64\cl.exe.

Hi, RoKet.

It goes  all right.

I removed Visual Studio 2017 Express, then installed Visual Studio Build Tools 2017.

So that:

> vssGetCompilerName

ans = vc15_buildtools

Finally, the simulation runs successfully!

Thank you for your advice.