Sign in to follow this  
bocaj22

SimLab and NX

Is it possible to import UG/NX prt files with design parameters? I don't see the option available, but I don't know if that is not a feature or if it requires a change in my settings. If it is not compatible, what CAD softwares are?

Yes I am able to import a model that way, but I am interested in using SimLab's CAD parameter link feature. So I want to import a parameterized file with the ability to update the parameters that define the geometry from within SimLab. This cannot be done with a step or parasolid file.

hi.,

Yes, SimLab can import UG/NX prt files directly along with its design parameters. For that you should have UG/NX CAD software in your machine and link that installation location with SimLab while installing SimLab. 

I have uploaded one video to show how to configure UG with SimLab and how to regenerate UG CAD design parameters in SimLab. Please find the video from UG_Configuration.zip file that attached here. UG_Configuration.zip