RajathRao

Need help with signal routing for time series data

Hello all, I have a state space system model which takes in 3 inputs and gives a single output which I am trying to model in Activate. The 3 inputs are time series signals and I am currently using lookup tables and the mux block to feed it into the state space block. When I try to run this table, there is inconsistency between the dimension of output port of Mux block and input port of State space block. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Also open to suggestions of using other convenient blocks for my simulation like signal generator or signalIN blocks.

Thanks,

Rajath

model.PNG

Rajath,

Regarding block Mux, in fact if the first input signal is a Nx1 column vector, the first entry in Input Port Sizes of this block should be set to N. And then you need to update the DiscrStateSpace block accordingly - if you click on F1 while holding the block, you will see that:

image.thumb.png.0c164ff753720a9ce990dec98bc32d9a.png

Speaking of other approaches, what is not satisfactory in the current strategy that you are applying?

Regards,

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

Thank you for the information and I was able to successfully run the simulation. I am new to Activate and would like to learn about other approaches that could potentially be used to achieve the same result. I have not been able to use the other blocks mentioned in my first post in this thread successfully, so thought this would be a pretty good use case for it.

Regards,

Rajath

What was the issue that you had when you tred to import the .mat file directly using the block FromMatFile or when you loaded the .mat file and then tried to use SignalIn? Could you please share your model here?

Regards,

Roberta