Andy@LamteqSolutions

Hyperstudy - How to Dictate which Thicknesses Hyperstudy investigates

Hi all,

This question may be reasonably straight forward to answer (it isn't a trick question at all).

When I perform a hyperstudy optimisation study with plate thickness being the variable. Is it possible to dictate what thicknesses I want hyperstudy to investigate? For instance, I have a structure with a plate where I want to know what thickness I can reasonably use without going over a stress limit but I also know that the thicknesses available are 5, 10, 16, 20 mm. How do I get hyperstudy to only look at those values?

Cheers

Andy

Rahul, 

I was wondering if you could see where I am going wrong with my test. I've managed to set up hyperstudy to look at specific values and what I have is a plate with varying thicknesses on a structure with a loadcase applied. 

What I would like is the hyperstudy to minimise the volume without exceeding a stress value. I'm using Hyperstudy 2017.3 and have attached images from the response, objectives, constraints and the Evaluation Data. What the Hyperstudy seems to be doing is assessing 5mm thickness then 4.25mm thickness - which exceeds my stress limit but then stopping without examining 4.5 or 4.75mm. Do you see where I am going wrong? My stress limit is 341.3MPa. 

Many thanks in advance.

Andy

Thicknesses.jpg

results.jpg

Responses.jpg

Objectives.jpg

Constraints.jpg

Which version of HyperStudy you are using?2017.3 or 2019.0.I see you mentioned above as 2017.3 but i unable to open same in HyperStudy 2017.3.However it opens in 2019 & 2019.1 but  there, i unable to track the optimization setup fully.Which algorithm you used for optimization?Please share the screenshot for evaluation data and iteration history of Evaluate step.

Still unable to find the required info.Could you save the study archieve in .hstx and share?(Save file where you have nominal and optimization run setup.

Hstx.JPG

optimization setup missing.JPG

Hi Rahul,

I managed to create a HSTX file however, I noticed that it contained the TPL file which is unfortunately commercially sensitive so I cannot share that file. However I have grabbed every screenshot I can. Failing this I can put together a simple model which should have the same issue (am assuming operator error on my part).

Cheers,

Andy

7Select Input.jpg

10Evaluate.jpg

9Specifications.jpg

8Select OutputResp3.jpg

8Select OutputResp2.jpg

8Select OutputResp1.jpg

6Pose Processing.jpg

5Define Output Responses.jpg

4Evaluate.jpg

3Specifications.jpg

1Define Models.jpg

2Define Input Variables.jpg

Hi Rahul,

I thought I'd just quickly touch base on this one. I ran a simplified model and it actually worked. Really bizarre but it did examine more thicknesses before settling on a final design. Not sure what was going on in my initial model (perhaps I'm challenging it a little hard and it's accepting the first answer... bit odd).

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers

Andy