Sign in to follow this  
Nasim

Ktex woven propert

Dear Edouard,

Hello, I was working with Ktex and was wondering to ask your help if it is possible. I ran Ktex woven property so several *.fem file were produced. ( each file size was 2K or 3K!). When I imported the fem file in optistruct, I am not able to see any geometry despite material and its property is shown. Would you please let me know how I can have geometry as well? is there any process that I have not done properly?

I also have some plan to do some simulation in Radioss with that meso scale fem file but it seems no format compatible with radioss is produced by running Ktex woven property.

Thank you so much for your time and assistance,

Nasim

Sorry, I found the solution. According to the help file, we should import the the material and property into the radioss format file like _0000.rad. 

Thanks

Dear Nasim,

No problem.

In fact, KTex WovenProperty only calculates a homogenized macroscopic material card for a ply. There is no mesh. The only thing you can import is the material card. It is comparable to HyperLaminate.

KTex WovenProperty exports the results in different formats. The .fem file is for OptiStruct and the .rad file is for RADIOSS.

Best regards,

Edouard

Cnaaaaa likes this