Sign in to follow this  
lostarmour

Explicitly define UTD and PO solvers

I want to run my simulation with explicitly UTD or explicitly PO. However, I don't understand the solver settings in 2018. In default settings, I don't have the option to only select UTD as the PO/MoM has to be selected on top. 

Solver.PNG

57 minutes ago, mel said:

The Feko example guide has examples that show how the UTD and PO are applied on Face settings.

I followed it and I selected UTD for each face in the model. Still, I have 2 regions too on which I can not change the solver to UTD. When I run after remeshing, I get an error which says "ERROR 2688: The model tolerance is too large as compared to the length of one UTD edge". 

This model is not suitable for UTD.

UTD is for electrically very very large surfaces. There are small details in the model not suitable for UTD assumptions.

You would have to use either MoM or MLFMM. (With multiple incident angles, the MoM might actually be the fastest, if you have enough memory for an in-core solution)

PO would be faster, but again there are small geometrical details and possible resonances there would not always be modeled by the PO.

lostarmour likes this