MOHAMED HAMDALLA

Composite Materials In FEKO

Dear all,

I just get to know that FEKO has a great capability of simulating anisotropic multi-layer carbon-fiber-reinforced composite materials from the attached file. However, I couldn't find the .CFX file of such simulations in the example guide, I am using FEKO 2019 and have all the older versions. Can anyone share the .CFX file of the case reported in the attached PDF file? It will be a great help for everyone to have  this file as a reference.

If its not possible to share this file, Can you please help me to understand how to assign anisotropic multi-layer carbon-fiber-reinforced composite material  such as the case in the attached PDF file.

Thanks

EM Environmental_effects_on_Aircraft_with_CM_web.pdf

I'm attaching an example CADFEKO file in which an anisotropic multi-layer carbon-fiber-reinforced composite material has been defined and has been assigned to an object face.

The process starts with defining a few ordinary dielectrics under Construct / Media / Dielectric Medium. Those can then be used to create an anisotropic stack-up of layers under Construct / Media / Anisotropic Layered Dielectric (2D).

material.cfx

Thank you very much mvogel. that file is really helpful. i will really appreciate if you can share with us a good reference paper that uses the similar values of the carbon fiber composite/Plexiglass you have attached. in other words, DO you think the attached values are practical values?

Thanks

I think the values are practical values, but I don't have a reference. I picked up the values from somebody else's example (presented publicly) and I have used it a few times myself in public examples. It would be wise for you to do an on-line search or literature search for typical values, but if the application is not critical, then these are good values to start with.

MOHAMED HAMDALLA likes this