mpvnaresh

Displacements in a DTRAN Solution

Hi all 

In a Direct Transient solution i have given a acceleration load with certain frequency and amplitude.

When  icheck displacements in the location where acceleration is applied, The Displacement curve is a not oscillationg one.Instead it is keep on going.

Can any one help me in getting the oscillating displacements.

I have tried by changing all options of FORM(1) in Displacement output request.but no use.

Please help me in this .

Displacement_Output.PNG

acceleration_Load.PNG

Sir 

with displacements as input load it is oscillating .But the question remains same.

If i convert it into displacements obviously it oscilates as we are giving displacement directly.

But my load case is in acceleration i need to apply it in accelerations only.

Could you please consider initial velocity for the base setup where you have time Vs accel.Transient initial conditions are defined using a TIC Bulk Data Entry. Initial displacements and initial velocities can be defined. This should help you to avoid drift in the displacement plot and get oscillating plot.

Sir 

I am not able to give Input of Initial conditions . Can you please help in how to do this?

How to create TIC Bulk data entry. And also i have no data for initial displacements and initial velocities then how to get those values. 

Sir

I really Appreciate this.

Thanks a lot for your time.

I think this is solved. 

But when try to integrate the acceleration curve to get celocity i am gettion a Zero velocity. Please help me in the methodology for getting velocity.and also how did you created TIC (V).

When i go go to load type page Velocity type is Blank.

Thanks again for the support sir.

Capture.JPG

TIC V you can create from constraints panel & set the load type to TIC V.Sorry i cant provide you right now the hand calculation which we did to calculate Intial velocity,  as i am away from office desk.However,I do have the math we performed in HyperGraph to crosscheck.PFA mvw file for same,

TIC V.JPG

Ganesh Accel to Intial velocity.mvw

Sir

I calculated Initial Velocity and applied as TIC(V).

But after the compltio of acceleration cycle displacements are cumulative.

(which mathematically  may true, As Acceleration=0,  Velocity which is integral of Acceleration = constant , Then Displacement is a straight line which is cumulative )

How can we make the  velocity, displacement to be zero after the load (Acceleration)is removed . 

Capture.JPG