RF Engineer

Characteristic mode analysis of Unit Cell

Hi! I am trying to find characteristic modes of a unit cell of LWA. I have also tried to simulate it in CST (I can see radiating modes of a structure in CST), but now I am trying it in FEKO with substrate and infinite ground plane to simulate complete structure. But after all efforts I am still not being able to plot modes in FEKO, it is not giving me correct modes and currents . Can you please check my design in attached file?  

Thank you so much

11 hours ago, RF Engineer said:

Hi! I am trying to find characteristic modes of a unit cell of LWA. I have also tried to simulate it in CST (I can see radiating modes of a structure in CST), but now I am trying it in FEKO with substrate and infinite ground plane to simulate complete structure. But after all efforts I am still not being able to plot modes in FEKO, it is not giving me correct modes and currents . Can you please check my design in attached file?  

Thank you so much

I have also tried it with the ground plane of the same size as the TOP PEC layer, still not getting any results

Are you sure you want to solve a model of size of around 17 mm from 16 to 23 Hz?

Did you perhaps mean GHz? If so, then use 16e9 to 23e9 for the frequency.