Sign in to follow this  
truongak97

Motorcycle flex body for fatigue analysis

Hi, I am new to Motion View. I found a tutorial video series on youtube and tried to follow the steps. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aK694SfaCs)

Then, I end up with 2 problems:

1: How to specify the valid number of Mass and Inertia for the Bodies that I created?

image.thumb.png.fd46ae33380563b87374a8a76b94f4e5.png

2: How to define motion of Front jack and Rear jack to get in case of real road condition?

image.thumb.png.8a2bd19ee2c6eb52b8c020976ffe2584.png

The main purpose is I want to extract valid load history on interface nodes to do fatigue analysis. The deadline is coming., hope you guys can help me soon. Thanks!

1. You need to type in the values for mass an inertia for each body.  Also make sure you correctly define the cg location for each body.  You can obtain these values from CAD data, from measuring the physical parts, or estimating them based on previous experience, or using historical data.

2. You can define a curve, that represents the displacement inputs from real world test data, and use that to define the motion, rather than using an expression.

6 hours ago, Chris Coker said:

1. You need to type in the values for mass an inertia for each body.  Also make sure you correctly define the cg location for each body.  You can obtain these values from CAD data, from measuring the physical parts, or estimating them based on previous experience, or using historical data.

2. You can define a curve, that represents the displacement inputs from real world test data, and use that to define the motion, rather than using an expression.

Thank you for reply
But, I want more detail, can you help?

Hi...

Does anyone have tcl  scripts for creating nodes on flex bodies in motionview.

I have more than 1000 nodes which i need to create manually in motionview by entering the coordinates.

So can anyone help in geeting a tcl script for the same.

If you will load your flexbody first into MotionView, and click on the "Nodes" button in that panel, there is a button at the top "Create MDL Points at current interface node locations".  This will do exactly as you have requested.

However it is very unusual that you would need over 1000 interface nodes in your model.  I'm assuming your intention is to create a joint or force at each one of those interface node locations?  Note, if you just need to measure displacement or acclerations on the flexbody, you do not need interfaces nodes at those locations.  You only need interface nodes where a joint, or load will be interfacing with the body.