enriqueng

How to obtain correct composite orientation in a tubular structure

Hi everyone! I would like to know if there is any way to obtain a correcto orientation in a tubular structure, where every element should have the same orientation along the cylinder. 
There is an attached image that shows the tubular, but that is not the way I want. In my case, the tubular is not straight; it has curves along its axis. 

Also I would like to know if there is any restriction to use the drape estimator in terms of geometry, because every time i try to use it the message invalid template! Please check! appears (when i follow the altair video that shows how is it done!!!)

Thank you very much for your help!

tubular.jpg

On 12/2/2019 at 12:57 PM, Q.Nguyen-Dai said:

@enriqueng: In general, you can define l'orientation of your plies comparing to tube axis.

Hi. How can i do that?

The solution that i was using was to create multiple reference axes with the x axis tangent to the tubular and asign manually to de tubular these orientations by sections. I must say that the tubular that i am using has not a perfect circular section (it is inside other pieces).

Thank you