RAVITEJA_028

doubts about emf considerations

hello there,

i am a beginner in fea. i am using the flux student edition for my masters project. the query i have is we do back emf estimation as a different simulation and do other analysis using current sources.

i am using sinusoidal voltage sources to see the response of my pmsm motor. but i dont see any oposition to the applied voltage (the current passing through the phases is only voltage applied divided by equivalent impedance). to this i am getting nearly 200 times my rated current. i am doing the simulation in transient magnetic analysis. what should i do. should i do other kind of analysis or provide a back emf look up table externally.

please provide any suggestion. thank you.

Hi,

In Flux when you use a voltage source you need a lot of period to reach the steady state regime. Unlike, in the case of the current source, you need one or two period to reach the steady state regime.

Then, in your case you need to increase the number of perdio that you use in your solving scenarion and be sur that when you draw your current you are in the steady state regime.

Best regards.