Sign in to follow this  
lostarmour

Too many modes on the circular waveguide port

Hi all, 

I am getting an error which says "The following message from the server process (MYID= 15):
ERROR 36100: Too many modes included at a circular waveguide port." I wanted to know why does that happen. 

Thanks! 

This happens when the waveguide is over-moded. For example if a horn antenna is designed for 3 GHz and you solve it for 10 GHz there will be many propagating modes, where, usually, you would want only 1 mode to propagate.

lostarmour likes this

20 hours ago, mel said:

This happens when the waveguide is over-moded. For example if a horn antenna is designed for 3 GHz and you solve it for 10 GHz there will be many propagating modes, where, usually, you would want only 1 mode to propagate.

In this example I actually specify which modes I need and I want to study S parameter convergence by having more modes. Is there any way to do it? 

1 hour ago, mel said:

I would have to check with the developers on this specific error message, limitations, etc.

This will probably only be in the 2nd week of January.

Thank you very much and I am looking forward to it. 

Any chance you can send the model? Or maybe just even a section of the model that still generates the error should do.

If you can't upload here, contact your local support - see "Technical support" in the Feko User Manual.