Balaji Viswanadh G

Unintentional topo Data in TuMan generated .idb file.

Hi, I am exploring TuMan. I followed the example set provided in advanced folder 'ad11_Tunnels_and_station'. At the end of building tunnels in Tuman  when I import the geometry into WallMan, I get a message which states that the database contains additional topo data. I had not created any topological information intentionally in Tuman.  Please kindly advise where have I made a misstep in building tunnels in Tuman. I would expect this topographical elements not exist as I have not created them intentionally. Please advise.

Best regards

Balaji

wallman_error.PNG

In the exercise, tunnel Tube_3 undergoes an elevation change from z=0 to z=-10 m. You did not make a mistake.

If you want to avoid topographical data in the exported database, try Edit / Settings --> Geometry Export, and un-check the option to export the elevation profile.

tunneltopo.png

Thanks a lot @mvogel. Disabling elevation profile removed the topological data in WallMan.

However,  I was getting the following errors in WallMan when I try to open the .ida file using  File ->open database. (regardless of checking or un-checking elevation data)

Error 252 Shape of Building not found in database

Warning 1023: No wall of the data base considered (not inside WALL BOX)

Material ID of Wall 9 is not allowed! Set to default material!

Material ID of Wall 10 is not allowed! Set to default material!

and so on for many walls.

Please kindly advise where may I have made misstep in building tunnel and defining materials in TuMan.

Thank you very much

Balaji

In TuMan, please try File / Export Binary instead of File / Export ASCII.

I could reproduce the problem you had with .ida. The geometry may still be valid, but those messages are disconcerting.

When I export in binary format from TuMan, things are fine.