please check the attached image.

when i started the simulation, the simulation is remained at that process of a long time. what is the problem?

stop.PNG

That looks like an out-of-core solution which uses the hard drive as "memory". This can be very slow.

You will need to use a machine with 200 GByte RAM or more, or reduce the number of mesh elements of the model, or consider a different solver.

oussama1 likes this

the simplified model in the attachment. i would like to calculate the s parameters of this cable. please can you help me, i need to know if the s-parameters extraction is correct or not. i have reduced the meshing and the simulation was faster, however it was wrong as compared to the measurement data. any suggestions about the s-parameters extraction? any help would be appreciated.  thank you in advance.

model22.cfx

If you request S-parameters, Feko will automatically load each port with 50 Ohm (or a different value if the user specifies it).

You have added 50 Ohm loads manually - effectively you are calculating S-parameters in a 100 Ohm system.

oussama1 likes this